Humor: From Distress to De stress

 

रंज से ख़ूगर हुआ इंसाँ तो मिट जाता है रंज

मुश्किलें मुझ पर पड़ीं इतनी कि आसाँ हो गईं

                   -  मिर्ज़ा ग़ालिब

English Translation: If a human being gets accustomed to grief, then grief disappears. I suffered so many hardships, that they became easy to bear.

I have yet to come across someone who doesn't have problems in life . The magnitude might  differ , but existence of the problems is universal. भगवान ने सिर दिया है तो सिर दर्द तो  होगा ही और सिर दर्द होगा तो उसका इलाज भी दिया है  I have heard so many people saying I have done nothing wrong in my life still I am suffering and look at this sinner , he is enjoying . I have seen lots of knowledgeable people, instead of solving the problem starts bombarding with Karma Theory ( तुम पिछले जन्म के कर्म भुगत रहे हो ये पिछले जन्म  के कर्मों का खा रहा है ). 

Though I don't contest Karma Theory, yet भूखे को ज्ञान बांटने से पेट नहीं भरेगा . Person who is in distress need emotional help to resolve the ongoing issue rather than taking Gyaan. So how do you help your friend/ relative or someone who approached you for help ? 

My approach has been to make him feel light first. Believe me or not the Banters in local lingo convey the meaning and do a wonderful job. Just yesterday only a colleague of mine , who is likely to be transferred since he is about to complete his tenure , approached me for the advise on whether his request for second  extension will be agreed to or not . (His son is in class 11 and it will not be correct to change his school at this juncture.   Very  common problem for the people in transferable jobs). My immediate reaction was to represent his case to HR . Again the guy asked what if it is not agreed to . What happened thereafter ,we kept laughing for next few minutes because I told him  भीख मांगने में क्या बुराई है , कटोरा थोड़े ही छीन  लेगा ।"

I don't know  whether  I was able to resolve his problem but I could feel he is less stressed thereafter.

Fear of "What if this doesn't happen? "is the biggest stumbling block  in our lives. Most of us , including me have either taken wrong decision or not taken a decision following the cautious approach. As a result either you keep sulking or laugh it off. 

The big looking mutual problems can be easily resolved in case you can make other person laugh.  

Some of my favorite desi one liners, which come automatically as per situation and have made people laugh are as follows ( I  have no copyright to them . These are opensource)

     1.  कुत्ते फेल हो जाना ( No output despite all out efforts)

     2. बालों से बांध के पहाड़ खींचना ( adopting wrong approach)

     3. गरीबों ने रोज़े क्या रखे , दिन ही लंबे हो गए  ( Cant be explained in any other language)

     4. जहां जाये भूखा वहाँ पड़े सूखा   ( same as above)

     5. मुर्गी अपनी जान से गयी खाने वाले को मज़ा नहीं आया ( Do)

     6. चवन्नियाँ गिनना ( Do)

     7. अपना तेल बिखरा कर कुप्पा दूसरे को दे देना (Do) 

     8. गुड ना दे गुड जैसी बात कह दे ( Do)

    9. दूसरे की थाली के लड्डू मेरी से बड़े

    10.बाल्टी से समंदर खाली करना

Life is too small to live with lots of baggage and there is no rewind button in life .

So keep smiling keep laughing and make others laugh.


गते शोको न कर्तव्यो भविष्यं नैव चिन्तयेत् । 

वर्तमानेन कालेन वर्तयन्ति विचक्षणाः॥

बीते हुए समय का शोक नहीं करना चाहिए और भविष्य के लिए परेशान नहीं होना चाहिए,

 बुद्धिमान तो वर्तमान में ही कार्य करते हैं ॥

( Courtesy : https://www.speakingtree.in/allslides/7a-483119/258168)

  


Comments

  1. Very light hearted but insightful. Keep writing papa ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Naina for inspiring me to write. I ll take some time to refine my writing but I ll keep writing.

      Delete
  2. Read the phrase 'kutte fail' in your voice :P :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashok Sir , aap ka tadka waakai laajwaab hai ! Nashaa tho chad hi jatha hai khud ko , aap ke saath jud kar , ess tharah 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pahji tusi great keep up the himmat and mushaquat...great going

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sethi Sir. Aap jaise dost hon to sab achchha hi hoga

      Delete
  5. We all should enjoy no matter what comes in our life

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fitness Fest and my Friends